11 Indoor Plants you must keep in your home to boost your health
If you consider keeping houseplants in your home, you will make the best decision. If you are keeping houseplants in your home, then the environment is going to get changed magically. You want to introduce some plants to your home but do not have appropriate sunlight, and this thought is holding you back from buying the plants.
We tell you the truth!
Greenery can improve your mood, health, and overall being. Research has shown that indoor plants can reduce tension, anxiety, and stress. You do not need much sunlight to grow your indoor plants, and they do not need hard maintenance.
Indoor plants also help to remove airborne toxins and reduce pollutants from the air. Plants can also boost your productivity. If plants surround your home or office, then your health is going to get improved.
Before you choose the indoor plants, make sure that you have checked every detail of the plants, like the size, require, the amount of sunlight it needs, or in which type of soil it thrives. If you have a small space, then choose a small plant like dwarf trees, and if you get bright direct sunlight at your place, then you can opt for succulent plants, which do not need much watering and need direct sunlight to save your kids and pets, and choose plants that are free of toxins such as Lily and aloe vera.
Let's discuss 11 indoor plants which have an effective impact on health and well-being:
- Lavender- Lavender is known to be a soothing plant. Considering indoor plants, lavender comes first whenever the topic of indoor plants comes in. Its beautiful lilac colour and perfect aroma make it a perfect anxiety reliever. You can grow lavender in any pot. All you need to do is buy seeds and reap the rewards of growing lavender plants. This plant may not give you flowers in the first year, but your patience with the plant will bring you more joy and success.
- Jasmine- It is the best air purifier plant. Its beautiful smell helps in relieving stress and getting better sleep. It thrives in a potted plant with bright sunlight, well-drained soil, and water.
- Aloe vera Plant- This is known best for its inflammatory properties. It is also known as an air purifier. This plant can also be used for healing properties for sunburn. Aloe vera plants can be grown easily; the sprouts come very easily from their seeds. It needs weekly watering and a sunny spot in the house.
- Snake Plant- This plant is known to be a stress reliever. Keeping it in your home or office helps you purify the air, increasing productivity. Snake Plant is known to be the highest oxygen-producing plants. You can put this plant in your bedroom as it produces oxygen at night.
- Cactus- This plant can absorb EMF radiation from electronic devices and make the environment healthy.
- English Ivy Plant- This plant is very popular and comes in white or yellow veins through them. Its leaves are thick and glossy. This plant is known to help people with asthma, bronchitis, COPD, and other diseases. It helps with breathing and reduces coughing in person. It is an ideal plant to keep in your bedroom.
- Boston Fern- Boston Fern is known to be the most popular indoor plant. It works best as an air purifier and humidifier. It helps to alleviate dry skin; this is best for people who use air conditioners as it keeps the room moisturized. This plant can be grown easily at home as it is very easy to take care of.
- Lucky Bamboo- It is commonly used in vases or water. This plant is known to purify the air and increase the oxygen level. It helps to remove air pollutants and toxins from the body. If you keep changing this plant's water, it will thrive for many years.
- Chinese Evergreen- This plant is the best for home and office use. It helps to humidify the air, reducing the probability of airborne diseases. This plant can be put in baskets and shelves.
- Wandering Jew- This plant is known for its beautiful purple colour and striped silver foliage. It purifies the air and evokes a sense of tranquillity from nature; it effectively enhances concentration and reduces tiredness. Wandering Jew is easy to maintain, low maintenance, and easy to propagate.
- Peperomia- It is great to use on the table, shelf, or desk. Peperomia has beautiful leaves of different shapes, sizes, and colours. Generally, it does not grow more than 12 inches. This plant is known to purify the air and reduces the formaldehyde level indoors by 47%. Besides this, Peperomia can treat Rheumatoid Arthritis, fix cancer, and be an anti-fungal or anti-oxidant.
- If you want to keep choosing houseplants, the option is numerous. These houseplants can bring aesthetics and joy to your home. If you are unsure which plant to keep in your home, you should surf the internet and get the right plant.